Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ravindra Jadeja Interview about ICC T20 World Cup West Indies 2010

On the eve of the India’s departure to the West Indies for the World T20 2010, one player who can call himself fully fit and fresh is Ravindra Jadeja.

After the Indian Premiere League 2010 banned the Saurashtra all-rounder for negotiating with two teams, Jadeja witnessed all 45 days of the tournament from his home in Jamnagar City.


The 21-year-old is, however, yet to play any competitive game since he played against South Africa in February. In a chat with The Indian Express, Jadeja spoke about his expectations from the World Cup and the disappointment of missing out on the IPL action.

Excerpts:

Do you consider yourself lucky to be part of the T20 World Cup team?

• It’s hard to say, but I’m really happy to be part of the World Cup team. I was hoping that my name appeared (in the squad). I’m really eager to go out there and perform. I was part of the India U-19 side that won the junior World Cup three years ago and this time I’m hoping to be part of the World Cup-winning India team.

Are you confident of doing well?

• I’m just hoping that all goes well. I will try to give my 110 per cent on the field. But the most important thing will be to try and get a winning momentum going for the team.

How was it to be out of action for more than 50 days?

• It was a really hard thing to do to miss the action and sit at home. I had a fixed schedule. Early in the morning I used to have a batting session, then I would run for a short while and in the evening, there was a bowling session along with some fielding. I also played a few T20 matches to try and stay in good touch.

Were you disappointed with the situation?

• Yes, there is no doubt that I was disappointed. There are 14 matches in the IPL and it would have been great preparation for the World Cup. You get a better idea of what you need to be doing when you are playing matches. The match situation, the pressure, the crowds, the tips from fellow players, you don’t get all that sitting at home.

What made you commit the mistake of negotiating with two franchises?

• There is no point in looking back, at the moment my focus is on the World Cup. I didn’t play cricket for 45 days, there was frustration but I’m keeping my fingers crossed now. It hurts when you see your colleagues playing and you are practicing at home.

Do you think your role (in the Indian team) will be restricted to that of a bowler?

• I’m not sure what the team will need me to do. I just want to perform well, be it bowling, fielding or batting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of all thank you very much and Most Welcome for visit my blog especially for Jamnagar Gujarat India, hope you have get informative articles here.
Please always try to keep in touch with this blog for more information, news, historical articles for Jamnagar-Kathiyavad-Saurashtra.


--> Always Welcome

--> Jay Saurashtra

--> Jay Jay Garvi Gujarat

Popular Posts